1. Photo must be an original taken by you.
2. Photo must relate to the Hispanic world or culture, broadly interpreted.
3. Submissions may be made by email or printed copies. Email Ms. Jones, Teacher-Librarian/ Spanish teacher. or nwsslibrary AT sd40.bc.ca
4. No visible faces in photo
5. School appropriate
6. The winning photo will be incorporated in the Spanish Club mural and receive a $50 gift card.
Nov 1 and 2 are Day of the Dead (Dia de los Muertos) celebrations in Mexico and other Hispanic countries. Ms Jones and Mr. O’Rourke’s Spanish classes participated in traditional Day of the Dead activities to honour their ancestors and famous celebrities who have passed away. Students made paper flowers, decorated skulls, and constructed altares for family members and celebrities. The altares were decorated with ofrendas such as cookies for Bob Marley and pan de muertos, a bread shaped into skulls and bones.